[vdr] VDR stops replay due to strong wind condition

Tero Siironen izero79 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:47:04 CET 2007

2007/3/19, martin <martin at air-maxx.net>:

> Maybe Tero's can give us more input of his error handling script. This
> sounds a more reasonable way of handling exceptions.

Well basically it is quite simple, but I don't know how well it suites
other drivers than dvb-ttpci/av7110.

I've configured vdr as a service which loads/unloads dvb modules and
starts/stops vdr. When vdr is started also this small monitor script
is started.

Content of monitor script in pseudocode:

put last 30 lines of syslog to tempfile
check for errorlines of tempfile with grep
if errorline found
then
  service vdr restart
  exit
else
  sleep 30

Currently I have following patterns specified as errorlines:
'dvb-ttpci: StopHWFilter error'
'dvb-ttpci: StartHWFilter error'
'av7110_send_fw_cmd error'

--