[vdr] plugin loading

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Mar 26 17:54:55 CEST 2007

e9hack wrote:
> I've selected some plugins for loading. It exist ca. 100 plugins in
> the vdr lib directory. Does vdr load only the selected plugins or all
> plugins?

There is no common way how the plugins get selected for loading. VDR
itself does not load plugins unless instructed. (except for --version
and --help)

Plugins get loaded by the -P or --plugin command line option, by
modifying the runvdr script that is part of the VDR sources, or by
distribution dependent load mechanisms in case you're using pre-built
packages.

Cheers,

Udo