[vdr] Re: VDRAdmin-AM with UTF-8 support?

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 28 14:31:45 CEST 2007

Jose Alberto Reguero wrote:
> El Martes, 27 de Marzo de 2007, Harald Milz escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is anyone working on a UTF-8 version of VDRadmin-AM? I'm using vdr with the
>> UTF8 patch (de and ru) and need to always select UTF8 manually in the
>> browser to avoid seeing the à stuff. Looking at the html files in
>> template/default/, I see everything is hardcoded in iso-8859-1, but that
>> should be a configuration option. Setting LANG=de_DE.utf8 doesn't help, it
>> is silently ignored.
>>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> THX.
>
> I run:
>
> sed -i -e s/ISO-8859-1/UTF-8/g *.html
>
> in the template/default/ directory.

Andreas Mair already adopted my UTF-8 patch for the vdradmin locales,
months and versions ago. It patches the makefile and adds targets for
generating the UTF-8 locales out of the stock ones. For more info, check
this thread: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-July/010116.html

Regards,
Lucian