[vdr] vdr-1.5.11 & subtitling problems

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 22:14:26 CET 2007

Hi,

Timo J. Rinne schrieb:

> Posting to the mailing list seems to be for subscribers only and I'm
> reading it only through archive.  However ...

>> allow

>>> I hope to get something ready till tomorrow 12:00.
>> See attachment. Tested in transfer mode with audio packets only (=
>> radio), as there is no broadcast running which would provide
>> subtitles.
>
> The picture doesn't freeze any longer.  But after a while (5-10 minutes)
> subtitles disappear.

You'll have to provide some more information. Do you use subtitles with
a FF card?
Can you reproduce the issue in a recording?
Did you apply all the posted fixes?

Attached you'll find a single patch against vanilla VDR-1.5.11. It
contains the remuxer fix and the ringbuffer extension, but also reverts
some changes from 1.5.10 to 1.5.11 which should be addressed by the
other two parts.

I've just watched subtitles now for almost 2 hours on ZDF (ASTRA 19.2E)
with vdr-xine without any issues. But vdr-xine works different (transfer
mode) and may not see issues which happen with FF cards.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de