[vdr] vdr-1.5.11 & subtitling problems

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 23:29:40 CET 2007

Hi,

Timo J. Rinne schrieb:

>> Anyways, it's been on for 25 minutes so far and has worked perfectly.
>> If I notice something in contrary to this, I'll report further.
>
> Nope, it still doesn't quite work.  In live mode it seems to skip
> subtitles every now and then.  It even seems to depend on the program.
> Today I watched something and saw maybe one subtitle of ten.  Sometimes
> it seems to work more or less perfectly.
>
> When I recorded the program that in live mode didn't work too well, the
> subtitles were fine in playback.
>
> I have ff card and I think the problems are present mainly (if not only)
> in direct live mode.  When I forced it to transport mode by
> simultaneously recording an encrypted channel and watching fta channel
> live (transport mode), subtitles showed OK.

Please try the attached patch on a vanilla VDR-1.5.11. It should write
the subtitle TS and PES packets to separate files at /video. The
additionally recorded timestamps of your system time and the primary
device's STC should allow us to determine whether the packets arrive in
time and get properly remuxed.

Once you've seen enough anomalies, please provide us (a link to) the files.

BTW: the patch is almost untested as there are currently no subtitles
running.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl