[vdr] next features?

Girish Venkatachalam girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 15:18:00 CET 2007

On 11:29:29 Nov 18, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> From the pictures and description I also don't see any optical
> SPDIF output to which I could connect my Dolby-Digital decoder.
> AFAIK the HDMI connector also provids the digital audio, but
> that would go to the tv set - how would it go to the DD decoder?

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread.

I was wondering what sort of driver support will be necessary for
providing optical audio out and HDMI video output.

I understand that HDMI also support audio output but I am mainly
interested in knowing if there will be some support necessary at the
driver level.

Any reference documentation or specifications will help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Girish