[vdr] Whats next? [was: Re: next features?]

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Tue Nov 20 20:20:31 CET 2007

On 20 Nov 2007, at 14:08, Henning Glawe wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 12:14:59PM +0000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> Do you sometime find the mpeg2 decoding with cle266 gives you colour
>> banding with low bitrate transmissions?
>
> I didn't see such an effect on any of the DVB-T channels I have here
> in
> Berlin. What bitrate do you consider as "low"?

Mostly transmission that are rebroadcasts of US programmes, often with
only 540 px horisontal resolution instead of 720/736. But I also see
it on BBC which transmit with much higher bitrate, at close
inspection. I might try to take a screenshot.

 From what I know, the libcle266 library uses the mpeg2 decoder in the
same way as the XvMC implementation does, so image quality should be
the same.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com