[vdr] next features?

Daniel Heuwinkel vdr at heuwinkel.net
Wed Nov 21 23:47:50 CET 2007

>It should be noted that Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are not the same.
>Core 2 Duo uses the new architecture while Core Duo does not.  Unless
>the price difference is drastic between your considerations, I would
>absolutely go with the Core 2 Duo.

The Pentium Duo I referred to is not a Core Duo but a Pentium Dual Core[1]
"These closely resembled the Core 2 Duo E4300 processor with the exception of having 1 MB L2 cache instead of 2 MB"

We are talking here about a 55€ E2140 vs. 100€ E4300. So yes I would say the price difference is considerable while the difference in performance will likely be negligible in a vdr environment.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_E

Daniel