[vdr] multiple frontends - [was: HDTV - 2B or not 2B]

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Fri Nov 23 11:51:40 CET 2007

Alasdair Campbell <ragawu at gmail.com> writes:

> Beside all that, I do believe VDR needs to integrate H264 & HD
> recording, along with support built-in for multiple frontends. Hopefully
> I can lend a hand with the coding (in about 6 years).

I'd be happy to do some clean C++ programming (I've haven't done C/C++
for YEARS). But I don't know where to start.

Do you think it would be achievable without breaking everything, or
would it need to nearly start from scratch ? (so it would be modular
enough to smartly handle every needs)

For a start, I would be happy to know if it is something feasible for
vdr 1.5. (and how the difficulty would be)