[vdr] DVD plugin stutters

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Sep 2 23:17:14 CEST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Kartsa wrote:

> My audio replay is kinda stuttering when replaying DVD's with dvd
> plugin. It's like the volume would be waving up and down with a rate of
> about 5Hz. I have a DXR3 and I have tried all possible things I could
> think of. Anybody had similar problems?

Yes, see the dxr3 plugin's TROUBLESHOOTING file.  NPTL (in case it's the
problem - I haven't used a non-NPTL system in quite a while) can't be
disabled on Fedora 7 though.

> I thought I'd try using mplayer
> plugin for DVDplayback but for some reason my mplayer plugin does not
> want to play DVD's (don't know why all settings should be correct in
> mplayer.sh.conf, even set debug to true).

Last time I tried it (I suppose you're talking about the vdr-mplayer package
from livna.org) it did work for me out of the box.  Mplayer didn't have DVD
menu support back then - and I don't know if it has nowadays - so I lost
interest to experiment further pretty quickly.