[vdr] DVD plugin stutters

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Sep 3 18:15:50 CEST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Kartsa wrote:
> Ville Skyttä kirjoitti:
> >
> > Yes, see the dxr3 plugin's TROUBLESHOOTING file.  NPTL (in case it's the
> > problem - I haven't used a non-NPTL system in quite a while) can't be
> > disabled on Fedora 7 though.
>
> There were no mention about NPTL. Also there were no mention about a
> stuttering audio (or similar to my problem).

Sure there is.  Copy-pasting from it:

* If VDR becomes unresponsive when using the MP3 or Muggle plugins, or
  there are stuttering/stickiness problems with the DVD plugin, and
  you're using a NPTL system, try disabling NPTL if possible (eg.
  export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19 before starting VDR).  NPTL cannot be
  disabled on all systems, and anyway it would be very nice if someone
  found what the problem is, and would submit a patch.