[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.9

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Sep 27 22:09:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

as both support patches interfere with each other, I've attached a
merged patch which contains all my patches posted in the thread
"[ANNOUNCE] H.264 updates for VDR-1.5.9". DVB-S2 support was kindly
contributed to me by Marco Schluessler -- thanks a lot!

WARNING 1: after adding DVB-S2 support to VDR, it will nolonger compile
with "standard" DVB drivers. You'll definitely need Manu Abraham's DVB
repository.

WARNING 2: some API changes still have not been ported to the drivers
for DVB-S hardware so you'll most likely only be able to use hardware
with DVB-S2 support. In other words: tuning doesn't work for e. g. a
NOVA-S while it works for example for a TT S2 3200.

WARNING 3: the driver is still BETA. Don't use it in a productive
environment as tuning and reception issues may damage recordings. Keep
in mind that FF cards cannot handle H.264 streams and my behave strange!

IMPORTANT NOTE: don't tie up Manu's or Marco's resources by sending
unqualified support requests. This release is mainly intended for
developers. For those who want to experiment, have a look at locations
like that one for further information:

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/OpenSuSE_DVB-S2_-_Step_by_Step_Installationsanleitung_%28Achtung_Beta%29

Bye.
--