[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.18

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 21:07:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

Reinhard Nissl schrieb:

> attached you'll find updated patches for VDR-1.5.18.
>
> The patch named *-dvbs2-* additionally adds DVB-S2 support to VDR
> (based on VDR-1.5.14) and requires to use the DVB drivers
> from the multi-proto tree (see URL below for further details).
>
> The other patch is without DVB-S2 support and therefore most
> suitable for DVB-C users.
>
> VDR-1.5.14 reported changes to transponder data incorrectly. The
> attached dvbs2 patch contains a fix for this issue by introducing
> TransponderDataToString().
>
> The patch includes now the formerly addon patch which fixed building
> after recent multiproto changes.

The attached addon patch fixes a logic error in
cIteratorImplSourceNidTid. The error caused VDR to skip updating
transponder information for almost all channels.

The error is not related to DVB-S2 nor H.264 but slipped into
these patches at the time when I extended the patches to contain
formerly released speedup patches.

> Have a look at this page for more instructions on this concern:
>
> http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/OpenSUSE_VDR_DVB-S2_-_xine

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl