[vdr] VDR as a set top box

Clemens Kirchgatterer clemens at 1541.org
Sun Apr 6 09:50:42 CEST 2008

"Simon Baxter" <linuxtv at nzbaxters.com> wrote:

> How do I do this?  I've been looking at modifying xinitrc and
> xinitrc-common to remove the desktop manager, but this seems a bit
> brutal.

not at all. this is the way it is supposed to be.
i would edit /etc/initd.d/xdm (or whatever it is called on your system)
to execute startx instead of the display mangager.

a more clean solution is to remove /etc/initd.d/xdm and write a new
script to start X though, you get the idea.

then edit /etc/X11/xinitrc to contain "exec /usr/local/bin/runvdr".
YMMV.

best regards ...
clemens