[vdr] LOCDIR/LOCALEDIR and plugins

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Apr 6 18:50:25 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the locale dir stuff in VDR 1.6.0 especially wrt.
plugins.  newplugin hardcodes LOCALEDIR to $(VDRDIR)/locale without taking
Make.config into account at all.  The result is that plugins will try to
place their *.mo into a wrong location if LOCDIR was customized in in VDR's
Make.config and/or "make install" was used.  I suppose the attached patch
would fix that.

However that does not address weirdness in main VDR's locale dir handling; the
value set for LOCDIR in Make.config gets built into vdr as the compile time
default locale dir, but but "make install-i18n" will install the *.mo
somewhere else unless one sets identical value for LOCALEDIR in Makefile
(setting it in Make.config does not have any effect).  Are both LOCDIR and
LOCALEDIR needed?  I'd try to clean this up and post a patch that fixes it if
I knew what the intention is :)