[vdr] Request: Pvrinput and cards without mpeg encoder - writing a user mode encoder/proxy
Eddi De Pieri
eddi at depieri.net
Tue Apr 8 01:41:06 CEST 2008
I'd like to use pvrinput plugin with my saa7134 based card.
This card lacks of mpeg encoder, so I think so... Why don't write a
proxy that works like DV4Linux preloading a library before starting VDR.
- In the library configuration should be written the stupid device
driver name (environment).
- The library should trap the open of v4l device.
- It should be started a probe routine for looking for device driver
match the environment variable.
- On open(fd,file), if file match the device probed, then using
libavcodec, start encoding mpeg stream into a buffer for mmap
- on ioctl, rewrite driver name in v4l2_capability.driver
[and so on]
What about this approach? Any volunteer?
More information about the vdr