[vdr] [patch] channels with same pids+channels update

Peter Evertz leo2 at pec.homeip.net
Thu Apr 10 14:53:04 CEST 2008

ua0lnj schrieb:
> Hi
> If it's interecting for anybody.
> And other feature, this is deleting absent channels. If provider was
> deleted channels, you need delete it from channels.conf manually.
> After this patch, vdr auto deleting channels, which not present on
> transponder in sdt. Need select "delete absent channels" in dvb
> settings menu, but if you selected channels update or transponder update.
I am very interested in this feature. My providers (astra/hotbird) are
smart enough not to send not to much garbage, but deleting of unused
channels is really a pain. I am at 4500 Channels in my channels.conf and
I am pretty sure that at least 30 % of them are long gone.

Is it possible to have that feature seperated ?
@kls ... and include it in the mainline ?

Best regards
Peter