[vdr] Output plugin

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 17:50:36 CEST 2008

Perhaps the plugin could be adapted to pipe livetv  to a unix socket and in
the script tell mplayer where to connect to the unix socket? Or start
recordings from VDR Admin or SVDRP and watch live-recording.

Just playing with ideas. The mplayer script/plugin was designed to be not
dependent on X (depending on mplayer video output support compiled). I think
it contains a vdr-plugin that calls a script called mplayer.sh/mplay.sh so
that you as a user can play with the settings without having to modify the
vdr-plugin all the time. Perhaps in this case the plugin will have to be
modified include livetv viewing?

Do have a look at the script, you will see the attributes set in the script
builds the command line to call mplayer, so you will just have to adapt your
current command line that you use for your specific mplayer into this
script.