[vdr] Watching old recordings with DVB subtitles with 1.6.0

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Sat Apr 12 12:09:33 CEST 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> On 04/12/08 11:21, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> I have quite a few old recordings with DVB subtitles that were recorded and
>> watchable with 1.4.x and the subtitles plugin.  When replaying these with VDR
>> 1.6.0, the subtitles aren't shown (new recordings made with 1.6.0 seem to be
>> fine).  I see there's some kind of a "compatibility mode for old subtitles
>> plugin" in 1.6.0 sources, so I guess they should be.  Thoughts?
> IIRC I had tested that with an old recording somebody gave me, and it
> worked just fine.

Well, I was the driving force behind the old subtitles compatibility
mode and it worked on my recordings made with vdr-1.5.x and subtitles
plugin. There were broken subtitles patches that generated faulty
recordings (ie. ProjectX didn't like these either), that might be the
source of Ville's problem.