[vdr] [patch] channels with same pids+channels update

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Apr 12 17:57:38 CEST 2008

Peter Evertz wrote:
> I am very interested in this feature. My providers (astra/hotbird) are
> smart enough not to send not to much garbage, but deleting of unused
> channels is really a pain. I am at 4500 Channels in my channels.conf and
> I am pretty sure that at least 30 % of them are long gone.

I'm using a (not yet published) small patch and a (also not yet
published) plugin to keep track of channels:

The patch keeps a time stamp whenever a channel announcement is seen,
and the plugin tracks the first-seen and last-seen time of all channels
persistently. If a channel was not seen for some time, the channel name
gets marked, and the channel can easily be deleted manually later.

If there's interest in this, I can publish these two.

Cheers,

Udo