[vdr] xineliboutput plugin - Audio - Visualization - Goom

Patrick Cernko errror at errror.org
Sun Apr 13 18:17:20 CEST 2008

Hi JJussi,

JJussi wrote:
> Hi!
> Do somebody else have same problem than me.. Because I have FullHD TV I would
> like to have that Goom set as 1920x1080 @ 30 fps but I can only use 960x540
> if I want it to be smooth..
> Even I have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz it's not
> enought... That Goom "eats" one CPU (of those two) and frame rate is
> something like 3 fps..

I had the same problem. It seems like goom is very cpu hungry. I got it
smooth with these settings: width=512,height=288,fps=25 which are 16:9
not too cpu hungry (it's a vdr not a rendering server) and not too much
'pixeled'.

So long,
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror at errror.org | http://www.errror.org

"... Aber eins haben beide gemeinsam: Mit 16% Alkohol sorgen sie fuer
pure Sambastimmung." (Werbeslogan Black Batita)