[vdr] external EPG data & broken encoding (epg4vdr)

Soeren Sonnenburg vdr-ml at nn7.de
Wed Apr 16 14:33:05 CEST 2008

Dear List,

I am desperately trying to get the german umlauts going for both vdr
receiving EPG information (out of the air directly from the channels...)
and via epg4vdr 0.5
http://www.wontorra.net/article.php?story=20050429181815661

I've noticed that standard EPG has the correct encoding, but only the
one from epg4vdr has not. However the pulled .xml files still have the
right (i.e. utf-8) encoding.

Only when this information is transferred to vdr (I guess via SVDRP)
umlauts and everything is distorted. Also then the dumped epgdata file
contains wrongly encoded parts...

Any ideas what I could do about this?

Soeren