[vdr] external EPG data & broken encoding (epg4vdr)

Soeren Sonnenburg vdr-ml at nn7.de
Wed Apr 16 14:33:05 CEST 2008

Dear List,

I am desperately trying to get the german umlauts going for both vdr
receiving EPG information (out of the air directly from the channels...)
and via epg4vdr 0.5

I've noticed that standard EPG has the correct encoding, but only the
one from epg4vdr has not. However the pulled .xml files still have the
right (i.e. utf-8) encoding.

Only when this information is transferred to vdr (I guess via SVDRP)
umlauts and everything is distorted. Also then the dumped epgdata file
contains wrongly encoded parts...

Any ideas what I could do about this?