[vdr] How to use VDR2VDR for h264 streaming?

YUP yupadmin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 15:23:58 CEST 2008

Hello,

We (me and my friend from the States) have the following problem. My
friend wants to watch tv programs from Europe, which I stream to him.
Because my upload is not too big (about 0.5 megabits) we used
externremux script together with stream-device plugin for vdr to encode
stream with h264 codec and after that stream it into internet. I have to
say that my friend was impressed, quality was really nice. Now we want
more  :-)  It is so inconvenient to use web-interface for switching
channels, search EPG etc.  And here is our question: is it possible to
use vdr-stream plugin to stream from one VDR (server) to another VDR(
client) h264 encoded stream in the same way as it is implemented in
VDR-2-VDR with mpeg2? I mean with remote menu, epg searching, switching
channels.

Regards,

Yarema