[vdr] Regression from a fix in VDR 1.4.1: Needless blocking of CAM DVB cards

Jörn Reder joern at zyn.de
Mon Dec 1 16:02:16 CET 2008

Udo Richter wrote:

> Jörn Reder wrote:
> > With vdr 1.4 this worked perfectly, now with 1.6 VDR always prefers my
> > Budget CI card for recordings so I can't view any Pay TV when a
> > recording is active.
>
> The rules that were added with 1.4.1-4 are still present, so they
> probably got over-ruled by something else.

Ok - thanks for checking this that quickly ;)

> Can you confirm that this problem occurs without loading any plugins? At
> least osdteletext is known to cause channels to be blocked.

Yes. I just tested it with a plain VDR without any plugins loaded.

I can reproduce it this way:

- watching a non pay TV channel (e.g. ARD)
- manually start a recording on it (go to menu, hit RED button)
- now switching to a pay TV channel is impossible

In that case with vdr 1.4 I could see that vdr switched the card when
starting the non pay TV recording (short black screen). Now the live
viewing isn't interrupted, which is nice, but keeping the CAM card free
is more important in my opinion ;)

Thanks,

Jörn

--