[vdr] Switching time

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:01:27 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're saying that kernel provided by distributors (Fedora 10 in my case) is
> not tuned for desktops?
> Interesting... Will try that after I'll try moving back to 1.7.0.

I'm not agreeing that tweaking your kernel will help channel tune
times because I don't know.  I can just confirm that your times seem
excessive.  I don't know if this helps but I'm using Debian testing
with a v4l tree from 2008-09-17 (pre-s2api mess), VDR-1.7.1, and
kernel 2.6.27.8.  I don't use a stock kernel, I've compiled my own
containing only what I need.  If you think it will help, I'll be more
then happy to send you my .config to try.