[vdr] OT: Alice homeTV and vdr

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Sun Dec 7 19:08:40 CET 2008

Hi,

Paul Menzel schrieb:
> Dear list,
>

> can you please share your experiences of using Alice homeTV [3] with
> vdr. Some more information [4] and [5].
>
> 1. How is the quality [1]?
> 2. Does it work with the iptv plugin [2]? If not, what are you using?

In theory it should work with the iptv plugin. Alice is using usual
IP-Multicast (MPEG-TS, H264, IGMP) to transmit the cannels. For Video on
Demand they are using RTSP with MPEG-TS + H264.

But you need an VLAN enabled network or you need to have 2 network
cards, as the HomeTV is only available on a dedicated port on dsl-modem.

I have not tired it out with VDR, I could watch HomeTV with VLC.

Regards, Artem