[vdr] VDR with S2API

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 10:22:20 CET 2008

On 08/12/2008, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
> On 08.12.2008 10:08, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
>  > On 07/12/2008, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Apart from that the TS data stream will be saved
>  >>  exactly as it comes in.
>  > So will it then also record encrypted streams just as it was, or will
>  > it save in unencrypted form?
>

> It will only handle decrypted streams.

What is the best FF hardware solution if you have in my case only one
provider, which means one smartcard. But you want to watch an
encrypted channel on one transponder and record another on a different
transponder from the same provider. Do you require 2x FF cards with
both their own CI -> CA -> smartcard with each having it's own
subscription? Or is there a cheaper alternative that is legal? Or
could someone point me in a direction where I can look? Nobody seems
to explain this clearly. Nothing on the VDR wiki english FAQ page.

Thanks