[vdr] XBMC + VDR 1.7.0

Jörg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 10:38:09 CET 2008

Goga777 schrieb:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cl70fq7sn8
>
> here's you can have a look on xbmc and integrated in it vdr
>
> Goga

time to take a closer look in the forums...
I have read (and thought) about some little script that switches between
XBMC and VDR, and there was one solution mentioned here using LIRC. But
the way it is shown on the video it look like a "real" integration.

And why does the VDR state "press any key to cancel shutdown"? I thought
that VDR should be running all the time in the background...

Currently, I use the tv-out of the gfx card for XBMC and the tv-out of
my FF for VDR, switching simply by selecting a different video input on
my amplifier, but with HD, the FF might replaced within the next 12 months.

With kind regards

Joerg Knitter