[vdr] VDR with S2API (update)

Magnus Hörlin magnus at alefors.se
Sat Dec 13 09:41:53 CET 2008

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> I really don't get the point why it is necessary to totally rewrite
>> VDR core to support multiple frontends (surely loosing compatibility
>> to almost all plugins), when it will at the end just start one thread
>> per frontend, while we can already start one VDR instance per
>> frontend right now.
>>

> at least the /video directory that is shared across multiple vdr
> instances that know nothing about each other is a single race-condition
> on its own.
>
> vdr in a massive client server configuration is a giant hack with many
> pieces each with its own little problems summing up.
>
> clemens

You're right. I would like a setup where there's one master vdr that
does all the recording and has access to the dvb cards. The slaves can
start and watch recordings on the master vdr, and watch live tv of
course. Then I'd be happy. Streamdev is almost there, but not all the
way. I would also like to export videodir read-only but my problem is
vdr won't start on a read-only videodir.
/Magnus H