[vdr] Duplicate channels list

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 18:58:24 CET 2008

Hi Klaus,

What is the motivation behind the logic of not allowing duplicate channels
in channels.conf file?

I've tried to mimic channels settings of my Topfield receiver where I have
favorite channels divided in
different groups, while I can still access any channel on any satellite.

I've intended to have it that way:
:News
:Sport
:Kids
:Radio
:@10000 All
:Sat1
:Sat2
:Sat3

Where SatX group has all the channels of that satellite and
News,Sport,Kids,Radio groups will
act as favorite channels groups having the same channels as in SatX groups.

I had to change some functions in channels.c to update all duplicate
channels when an update should
be done.

If anyone is interested I'll post it here.