[vdr] New Video Decode and Presentation API from NVidia

Gerald Dachs vdr at dachsweb.de
Mon Dec 15 10:41:05 CET 2008

Sorry for the direct mail.

Quoting Chris Silva <2manybills at gmail.com>:

>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_8200_mobos&num=3
>> If I would need anyway a graphics card, then a big cooler would only
>> block a pci-e slot. The cpu socket is more near to the back side of the
>> motherboard than on many other mainboards. So I would get more space
>> between the cpu cooler and the cd rom drive in my S16T case.
> But the problem remains. I need at least 3 PCI slots. So, any
> suggestions on other boards with VDPAU *supported* chips?

What makes you so sure that the 8200 chipset is not supported? Of
course I have read this
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124458, but I have
found this too:
http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=53474&postcount=39 .
On other places I could read that the only differences between 8200 and 9300
are the smaller manufacturing process, clock speed and number of shaders.

Here it is even mentioned explicitly