[vdr] Transfer-Mode without remux

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Feb 2 16:27:56 CET 2008

In a crude attempt to run VDR's Transfer-Mode without using a cRemux
(and thus avoiding all the extra buffering and processing) I am
trying to send the payload of the TS packets directly to the device.

The attached patch implements cDevice::PlayTS() and handles video
and audio packets with fixed PIDs (just for testing).

I do get audio and video (using a FF-DVB card as output device),
but there are some distortions. From all the debug output I've
made there doesn't seem to be anything wrong - even the TS continuity
counters check out (except for the initial one, which is to be expected).

Am I missing something obvious here?

Maybe somebody on the list can find out what's wrong here - or can
argue why this attempt can't work in the first place.

If you try the patch, just change the hardcoded PIDs in cDevice::PlayTS()
to whatever video and audio PID the channel has you're going to
test with.

Klaus