[vdr] Straw poll: stable version 1.6.0 now?
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 3 11:17:05 CET 2008
There has been some controversy about my recent decision to
move forward and require the "multiproto" driver for VDR in
the developer version. It is also currently rather unclear
whether the current PES recording format can be kept to handle
HDTV, or whether it would make sense (or even be feasible)
to switch to TS (as suggested by the people from RMM).
In order to take the edge of this, I was wondering if it would
make sense to revoke the switch to the "multiproto" driver and
go straight towards a stable version 1.6.0 with what is now in
version 1.5.14. This should satisfy all those who are eagerly awaiting
a new stable version, without forcing them to make the driver switch
If we decide to go that way, I would release a version 1.5.15 with
what could become the new stable, wait until like the end of the month
to see whether it still needs some minor fixes, and call it 1.6.0 then.
I know there are still some patches out there that some would expect
to go into the next stable version, but I actually want to prepare VDR
for HDTV before looking into these patches.
So, here's the straw poll:
Should there be a stable version 1.6.0 now, based on what's in
version 1.5.14, but without DVB-S2 or even H.264 support?
Yes or No?
More information about the vdr