[vdr] Straw poll: stable version 1.6.0 now?

Hannu Tirkkonen vdr at hanu.com
Sun Feb 3 14:50:04 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 11:17:05AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> So, here's the straw poll:
>    Should there be a stable version 1.6.0 now, based on what's in
>    version 1.5.14, but without DVB-S2 or even H.264 support?
> Yes or No?

You would just shoot yourself in the leg ;O I'm sure, that there would be too much "problems" with the new features of the 1.5 branch and the mailing list would be full of guestions ;O That would perhaps have an influence of developing the H.264/HDTV brach.

What I really would like to see is 1.5.x with built-in support for (in this order):
TS recording

Even though the new stable would be released, I would not change my main VDR for that. The 1.4.4 just works perfectly ;) main = for wife and kids ;)