[vdr] Straw poll: stable version 1.6.0 now?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Feb 4 09:49:44 CET 2008

On 02/04/08 09:46, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
>> I've been using VDR for about a year and a half now and it's great. But with
>> all due respect, I think you're doing this the wrong way around. At least
>> here in Finland, decent DVB subtitles support is pretty much the only thing
>> VDR needs to be usable out-of-the-box with the free channels we have.
>
> If ttxtsubs are that important and require patches to vdr, why don't we see
> them posted and discussed on the list?

I believe there is a patch for that, but that's not the way I want to
implement it. I want to convert the incoming teletext subtitles to
DVB subtitles, so that on the recording/display side we only need to deal with
one type of subtitles. (Besides, I guess some day teletext subtitles
will become obsolete, anyway).

Klaus