[vdr] VDR - xine - CoreAVC

Morfsta morfsta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 23:27:24 CET 2008

> Well, the spec tells you that aspect_ratio_idc 11 means a sample
> (pixel) aspect ratio 15:11 (1.3636). And you have 1440 x 1080
> pixels so the frame aspect ratio yields:
>
>        far = 1.3636 * 1440 / 1080 = 1.8181

Could you give me a link to where you found that please?

Also, I just discovered another problem with this method. I was
wondering why the performance on HD was so poor and it turns out that
the picture was being de-interlaced twice, once by CoreAVC for the
h264 picture and then by xine post plugin (tvtime). When I remove the
post deinterlacing plugin the performance is much better and now seems
to decode all the h264 channels I have access to pretty well with ~40%
idle. However, when I go back to a MPEG2 channel of course the
deinterlacing is now disabled and it looks terrible!

Do you know if its possible to enable de-interlacing for only a
certain picture type(s), or am I looking at this the wrong way?