[vdr] VDR developer version 1.5.15 - compilation warnings

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Wed Feb 20 09:09:26 CET 2008

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 02/19/08 21:26, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >> Apparently there are macros for this, like PRId64 and such.
> >> But i don't like having to write something like
> >>
> >>   int64_t n = ...;
> >>   printf("Some number %" PRId64 "\n", n);
> >>
> >> Don't know if the gettext mechanisms would be able to handle
> >>
> >>        tr("Some number %" PRId64 "\n")
> >>
> >> I wonder why there ar no proper format specifiers for this.
> >> Or are there?
> [...]
> I really hope we can avoid this insanity in VDR...

In this particular case you could change the API to use "long long"
instead of "int64_t" since "long long" has eight bytes on the
platforms vdr is made for anyways.

Alternatively just ignore the warning. The %LX formats should be
changed to %llX though as L is only defined for floating point
types.

cu
Ludwig

--