[vdr] [patch] channels with same pids

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 24 15:00:54 CET 2008

On 02/24/08 12:35, Igor wrote:
>> Have you ever tried complaining to those providers, telling them about
>> their non-standard behavior?
>
> I have tried. Several times. No results.

I wonder why these people think that the DVB standards don't apply to them...

> I can confirm that only VDR has this problem. Other receivers (dreambox for example) don't have this problem.

Does this mean that the dreambox doesn't identify channels using NID/TID/SID?

VDR itself doesn't use the RID, and I don't like starting to use it
just to iron out the inability of some providers to adhere to the standard.
I'd rather like to get rid of the RID altogether.

Klaus