[vdr] BBC EPG from sat ? (loadepg equivalent ?)

Brian brian_dorling at t-online.de
Fri Feb 29 17:32:00 CET 2008

Tony Grant wrote:
> Le jeudi 28 février 2008 à 20:57 +0100, Brian a écrit :
>
>> Problem is that Bleb no longer has all the channels, copyright problems.
>> Thats why I no longer use it. I use the solution pointed out by Tony
>> Grant, it works perfectly well. You can customize which channel's epg it
>> should retrieve. During my VDR PC startup an init script tells the at
>> daemon to run my get epg script after waiting a few seconds to allow VDR
>> to start. So its totally asynchronous to VDR. I prefer not to have
>> anything waiting for the epg script to finish, just in case. I can also
>> call the same script from the OSD if required.
>
> With just BBC1 to 4, ITV1 to 4 and Film4 it takes about three minutes to
> run.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony

True, thats about all the info I retrive too. But, I had the occasional
hang due to networking problems, and it never actually timed out. That
may have been using Bleb as a source instead of radio times, I can't
remember now.
Anyway my solution was to use the at daemon so as not do block other
things should this script hang.

Cheers Brian