[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] improved LIRC remote for VDR-1.5.12

Jörg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Fri Jan 11 12:53:09 CET 2008

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> The attached patch allows now to define timeouts and frequencies
> for example in Make.config, so there is no need to patch every
> VDR version. Furthermore, frequencies are now defined in unit 1/s
> instead of the unit ms (which defined the period), making values
> more intuitive.

I would prefer some OSD settings for LIRC (if possible) because on every
VDR setup you are able to do first controls with the keyboard. So you
could access the settings menu and tune the LIRC settings the way you
want. A makefile settings also will not work if you use some prebuild
packages. I also remember the time using LIRC when I always had to patch
the lirc code - currently, I am glad being able to use DVB-IR. :)

With kind regards

Jörg