[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] improved LIRC remote for VDR-1.5.12

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jan 12 13:38:42 CET 2008

On Saturday 12 January 2008, Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> I think, the LIRC protocol misses a timestamp for each button
> press. Or an even more favorable solution would be to put the
> timeout and frequency processing into LIRC and have VDR to
> process each key as it arrives, just like with the KBD remote.

Would using liblirc_client instead of the current "homebrew" implementation
help out with this?

Also, somewhat off topic: when running powertop[1] on my VDR box, I see lircd
waking up the CPU from idle about 1000 times a second while VDR is connected
to it:

Top causes for wakeups:
  54.3% (988.1)             lircd : schedule_timeout (process_timeout)
  28.5% (518.4)               vdr : futex_wait (hrtimer_wakeup)
[...]

I already tried adding some cCondWait::SleepMs's to VDR's lirc action loop but
it didn't seem to have any effect.  Any ideas whether this is something that
VDR could do anything about, or if it's a LIRC internal thing?

[1] http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/powertop/