[vdr] new drivers

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Jan 17 19:40:10 CET 2008

Hi,

Tony Grant schrieb:

>> What video output driver do you use with xine?
>
> xxmc on VIA Epia M10000
>
>> Does the behavior change when using for example -V xshm?
>
> Yes!!!! You win!!!!
>
> 100% CPU but it changes channels.

Maybe -V xv relaxes CPU load a bit.

Well, on my openSUSE 10.3 I cannot use xxmc anymore with my
GF6600 as it dead locks for the same reason. openSUSE 10.3 uses
an libxcb based libX11 and there is a race condition bug in
libxcb which causes the emulated libX11 function XLockDisplay to
deadlock when an application uses multiple threads.

There exists already a fixed version of libxcb but it is not
available for a stock openSUSE 10.3. On the other hand, my EPIA
MII-6000E runs openSUSE 10.3 too, using the binary openchrome
driver package provided at openchrome.org and hasn't deadlocked
so far though using xxmc.

Bye.
--