Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Sun Jan 27 16:54:00 CET 2008

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 01/27/08 16:25, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >> - Implemented handling of DVB-S2 (thanks to Marco Schlüßler and Reinhald Nissl
> >>   for a patch that was used to implement this). VDR now requires the "multiproto"
> >>   DVB driver, e.g. from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto.
> >
> > Would it be possible to make that optional via compile time define?
>
> I guess so, but I'm not going to ;-)
> This new driver appears to be stable enough now - at least I've
> been using it for a few days now without problems.

*sigh* messing with kernel stuff sucks. Does a vdr built with the
multiproto headers at least also work on vanilla kernels ie stable
dvb drivers? That way one would only need to use different headers
for building vdr but no extra kernel modules at run time.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development