Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Sun Jan 27 18:03:58 CET 2008

On 28 Jan 2008 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
> On 01/27/08 16:25, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>> - Implemented handling of DVB-S2 (thanks to Marco Schlüßler and Reinhald Nissl
>>>   for a patch that was used to implement this). VDR now requires the "multiproto"
>>>   DVB driver, e.g. from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto.
>>
>> Would it be possible to make that optional via compile time define?
>
> I guess so, but I'm not going to ;-)
> This new driver appears to be stable enough now - at least I've
> been using it for a few days now without problems.

I don't know if there are many people left, but I'm still working
with a 2.4.x kernel and cannot use the new drivers (neither HG
nor multiproto).
This way I'm effectively looked out from VDR...

I would really appreciate a backward compatibility option.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt at gmx.de  | http://www.muempf.de/