[vdr] newbie question(s)

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:10:59 CET 2008

I went through the online manual at www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki, in search of
explanation of why certain keys presses appears. I'm using vdr-1.5.12

If I watch live TV and press the OK button, it will show the current/next in
the info bar. By pressing Left/Right the information displayed disappears
and the only way to get it back is by pressing  Menu followed by OK again.
Is this a bug or is it fully implemented by a plug-in?

Is there any documentation of the acronyms used for example VPS and
explanation?

I have a single budget card:
02:0c.0 Network controller: Techsan Electronics Co Ltd B2C2 FlexCopII DVB
chip / Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card (rev 02)

with an IR usb receiver:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 147a:e02d Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.

I use the vdr-remote plugin for using the IR remote control.

I couldn't map the channel +/- keys or volume +/- keys to the remote as they
appear to register as up/down keys that was already defined by
remote.confand also dead keys. Should I rather try out lirc or  does
somebody know of
how to resolve incorrect/dead keys?

I also tried doing a screen capture using vdr-xine-0.8.0 with xine-lib-1.1.8,
which failed with the following output:

=== CLEAR(-4.4)
=== CLEAR(-4.5)
--- CLEAR(-4b)
vdr: osdflush: n: 2, 20.3, timeout: 0, result: 0
AFD changed from -2 to -1
bad_frame
AFD changed from -2 to -1
bad_frame
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 9.7, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 20, 203.1, timeout: 1, result: 2
vdr: osdflush: n: 11, 116.0, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 12.0, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 2, 23.6, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 2, 18.9, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 13.3, timeout: 0, result: 0
abort: xine.c:1996: xine_get_current_frame: Aborting.
Aborted

How would one go on to implement Afrikaans as a language for VDR, as it is
my native language?

Still a great product!
Theunis

--
The Analytical Engine weaves Algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard
loom weaves flowers and leaves.