[vdr] Which DVB-S Card to buy in Germany

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Tue Jul 8 11:38:22 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

Martin Emrich wrote:
> Looks that way. With this hot weather in Germany at the moment: maybe
> the cards just get too hot?

could be the problem. In fact the DVB-S cards are getting really hot.
Maybe it's better to install a cooling on them?

Would it be an option to buy a budget card?
If I understood it correctly the budget card has no TV output but that
isn't necessary if I have one FF card or?
Or are there any other drawbacks?

Bye,
Matthias

Rich Cook