[vdr] eHD, VDR and multimedia files

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 15:55:04 CEST 2008

On 23 Jul 2008, at 23:43, Niels Wagenaar wrote:

> Greetings to All,
> Yesterday I've received my Reel eHD so that I can enjoy hardware
> accelerated DVB-S/DVB-S2 playback/output on my VDR-1.7.0
> installation in
> combination with the S2-3200.
> Everything works, image is very good and I can enjoy HDTV without
> framedrops or stuttering :)

Two questions:

- does the card support changing output framerate between 50 and 60Hz
without restarting VDR?
- how is changing between video / s-video output and HDMI achieved?
Can they be enabled simultaneously, or change automatically based on
whether something is connected on the HDMI port?

Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com