[vdr] ts record (was - no channel update on vdr 1.7.0)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat May 24 08:13:29 CEST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 05/23/08 13:11, Goga777 wrote:
> > is a lot of vdr-code need patch for this ?
>
> It's not too much, but at core locations and requires a lot of testing
> and debugging.

Just a quick comment/question: have you considered changing the recording
filenames to something else than *.vdr while doing the switch to TS?  It's
not that big of a deal, but distinguishing recordings from VDR's "internal"
files, index.vdr and friends, by using eg. *.ts for recordings would help
cases where apps are registered to handle files based on their filename
extension and we want to use those apps to playback recordings and think that
they can playback index.vdr etc.