[vdr] media player and a/52 sound.

JJussi linux-dvb at jjussi.com
Mon Nov 3 09:57:11 CET 2008

Hi!
Could somebody enlight me why xine under vdr mediaplayer have problems with
ac3 sound?
I have file what I can play without problems directly with xine:

xine: found demuxer plugin: matroska demux plugin
video discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for audio discontinuity #1
audio discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off 0
demux_matroska: Track 1, A_AC3 und
waiting for in_discontinuity update #1
demux_matroska: Track 2, V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC eng
vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 24249
load_plugins: plugin ffmpegvideo will be used for video streamtype 4d.
load_plugins: plugin a/52 will be used for audio streamtype 00.

But if I select same file in VDR - [menu] - Media Player - Play file
Picture is ok, but only sound what I get is surround channel (background
noise).

I have copied file '.xine/config' to '.xine/config_xineliboutput'  with no
help.

At plugins setup - xineliboutpu - audio  I have set:
Speakers: Pass Through
Upmix stereo to 5.1: Yes
Rest of selections are no/off

Connection from computer to amp is SPDIF

--
JJussi