[vdr] Small VDR-streamdev patch for Popcorn Hour NMT

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Thu Nov 13 15:10:19 CET 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:32:14 +0100, jori.hamalainen wrote
> I tried to v3 patch offline from my PCH (just wget to a file and run
> mediainfo & ffprobe
> etc). There seems to be progress - now ffprobe (and ffmpeg)
>  indicates some errors in start of stream - which could be explained.

Glad to here that :)

> Note - some errors on stream now.. Is this because streams (PIDs)
> are recognized because PAT/PMT is ok, and the first data is received
> starting in the middle of GOP?

Definitely. In TS mode streamdev simply forward all TS packets without looking
into them (except for PAT/PMT of course). So there will be incomplete PES
packets in the beginning and video will usually start right in the middle of a
GOP.

Frank